CIC Career Centre Terms and Conditions
2. GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The Career Centre is made available for your own, personal use. The Career Centre must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. When you use the Career Centre you must comply with all applicable Canada laws and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws”). You agree that when using the Career Centre you will comply with all Applicable Laws and these Terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to: (a) Use the Career Centre in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement; or (b) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Career Centre or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Career Centre; or (c) Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Career Centre or re-format or frame any portion of the pages comprising the Career Centre, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
You agree to indemnify CIC in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Career Centre otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
3. CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the Career Centre including all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material“) is owned by or licensed to CIC. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material without CIC’s express permission. The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks“) contained on or in the Career Centre are owned by CIC or third party partners of CIC. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of CIC or the relevant third party partner of CIC.
4. LINK TO THIRD PARTIES: The Career Centre may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). CIC may monetize some of these links through the use of third party affiliate programs. Notwithstanding such affiliate programs, CIC does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
6. DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY: USE OF THE CAREER CENTRE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CAREER CENTRE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) CIC DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE CAREER CENTRE; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE CAREER CENTRE (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN CIC AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET AND/OR THE CAREER CENTRE; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF THE CAREER CENTRE. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
CIC will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Career Centre, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
IF CIC IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE CAREER CENTRE, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO: (A) ONE HUNDRED CANADIAN DOLLARS ($100.00); OR (B) THE SUMS PAID BY YOU UPON PURCHASING THE CAREER CENTRE SERVICES, OR ANY IN-APP SPEND, INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTIONS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of CIC for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by Canadian law.
7. SERVICE SUSPENSION: CIC reserves the right to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the apps published by it, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
8. ADVERTISERS IN THE CAREER CENTRE: We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Career Centre. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Career Centre, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not CIC, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
9. COMPETITIONS: If you take part in any competition which is run in or through the Career Centre (“Competition“), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by CIC from time to time (“Competition Rules“) and by the decisions of CIC, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. CIC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
10. GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and CIC concerning your use of the Career Centre. CIC reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective immediately, and the current Terms are available through a link in the Career Centre to this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them and you will be bound by the new policy upon your continued use of the Career Centre. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative on behalf of CIC.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Canadian law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian Courts. If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. CIC’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by CIC in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits in favour of any person other than you and CIC.
11. CONTACT US: You can contact the CIC National Office at Credit Institute of Canada, 219 Dufferin Street, Suite 216C, Toronto, ON M6K 3J1, telephone 416-572-2615, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.